Sunday, January 07, 2007

Awesome Kite Day

Today we had 20mph winds and decently smooth ice on Nokomis. My 5 meter foil was fully powered and absolutely awesome. Cruising at scary fast speeds across the ice, then sending the kite high to boost into the air. Consistently hitting 4' airs and had two that went really big. Not exactly sure how high, but they were definitely more than 4'. My face got sore from the perma grin and after almost three hours my arms did as well. For whatever reason I was even landing the jumps. Only one fall all day, and it was more like sitting down than falling. It was rediculously fun. There were a bunch of other kiters out there, including one who had a camera, so with any luck I'll be able to get copies of the pics.

Check out a video of one of the smaller jumps here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yg7-y2iBLUs

No comments: